The Account Coordinator (AC) provides administrative assistance to the Account Executive (AE) in the day-to-day management of accounts and develops the skills necessary to advance to the position of AE.
Internally, the AC interfaces with various departments, on a daily basis, in order to help the AE to move projects forward — creative, media, PR, interactive, and traffic. S/he provides information to the Traffic Manager via face-to-face communication, Progress Reports, Change Orders, etc.
The AC reports directly to the AE leading his/her assigned team.
• Assists AE by responding to client calls and e-mail
• Participates in internal brainstorming sessions
• At AE request, records meeting minutes and prepares/distributes accordingly
• Assists in monitoring production/creative deadlines
• Maintains client reference notebooks/digital archives, detailing past and in-progress work
• Stays aware of client activities and provides backup when AE is unavailable
• Submits project expense forms, as required (e.g. Purchase Order, mileage reimbursement, etc.)
• Gathers and assembles background information and analyses, as needed by AE
• Assists in processing mailings/agendas/proposals/other materials (except billing)
• Prepares materials for client presentation and acts as host/hostess for visiting clients
• Coordinates event logistics
• Maintains up-to-date files regarding client activities/competitors’ actions
• Maintains information needed for accurate proofreading/meeting of client standards
• Ensures all media and projects proceed according to plan and deadlines
• Proofreads copy/artwork/agency and printers’ proofs
• Ensures all work completes approval process before presented to client or given to suppliers