The primary responsibility of the Junior Art Director (Jr. AD), or Production Artist, is to aid in the production of advertising and marketing campaigns. S/he often works as a team with a designated Art Director (AD) and copywriter or receives written copy and places it within a specific form of advertising (e.g. web site, print ad, storyboard, etc.).
The Jr. AD reports directly to the AD or Creative Director (CD).
• Attends daily (or weekly) production meeting
• Designs creative materials according to instruction provided by AD or CD
• Meets with account service and interactive teams to ensure consistency across all media forms
• Collaborates with AD, CD on design elements and outside sources (e.g. paper, talent, etc.)
• Alerts AD, CD and Traffic Manager if deadlines cannot be met
• Provides project specifications to Production Manager (PM) (e.g. colors, fonts, dimensions, etc.)
• Possesses a working knowledge of design technologies and a desire for continuing education
• Develops the skills necessary to advance to the position of AD.
• Makes text corrections to creative materials (as requested)
• Retouches creative materials (as necessary)
• Submits a daily Time Sheet detailing work execution