Summer is almost here, which means your employees are eagerly awaiting the days they can leave work, go home, and enjoy the beautiful summer air. Keeping them cooped up inside every single day of the summer won’t make them –- or you -– happy. That’s why it’s the perfect time to capitalize on the summer excitement and plan some outdoor team building activities.
Although not everyone wants to spend time outside of work with fellow employees, hiding it beneath a fun summer activity makes it all the more bearable.
Here are six summer activities to bring your employees closer together this year:
- Scavenger Hunt: Yes, we may be adults, but who doesn’t like a good scavenger hunt? Go to a nearby park for the day and make a scavenger hunt that challenges teams to work and collaborate together, fostering valuable skills for the workplace.
- Survivor: You know the famous show “Survivor?” Consider making a summer-long competition between teams in which you meet every other week for the next episode of “Survivor.” The competitiveness will encourage collaboration between team members.
- Hiking: Hiking is actually an incredibly fun group activity, enjoying the sights and the workouts together with company. Although some staff may grumble about the prospect of physical activity as a bonding adventure, by the end, the picture at the top makes it all worth it.
- Boating: Whether it’s sailing, kayaking, or canoeing, asking your employees to row together in one contraption is a great way to build collaboration. Plus, spending a workday out on the water, taking in the beautiful sights and smells, will make the whole experience actually enjoyable for those involved.
- Volunteering: Signing up employees to take part in outdoor volunteering activities, like hosting a local basketball league or cleaning up local parks, is another great way to get everyone outside and moving while also working together. Plus, volunteering has been proven to improve both our mental and physical well-being.
- Workplace Olympics: If you really want to get involved, you can create a summer-long workplace Olympics involving different challenges and contests both inside and outside the office. Again, the competitiveness will drum up excitement among employees, encouraging them to work together so they win whatever prize you’ve chosen.
Here at Developware, we understand that beyond our automated traffic management platform, CurrentTrack, it’s important to look to the personal elements of managing people. For Traffic Managers, getting everything to flow smoothly first involves collaboration between employees. If employees like one another, collaboration, partnerships, and brainstorming will happen more naturally. Of course, to make everything easier in the interim, consider an automated, hosted solution, with all-in-one services available to your Traffic Managers -– it’s going to make everyone happy. Communication is always key, which is what you can get from our software and team-bonding activities rooted in the beautiful outdoors this summer.