The primary responsibility of the Account Supervisor (AS), or Director of Client Service, is to ensure client needs are met by carefully monitoring and guiding the account service team. S/he is also responsible for mentoring Account Executives (AEs) in their professional development.
By providing maximum information to AEs via face-to-face communication, the AS has input in the development of strategic marketing plans. S/he also identifies, pursues and closes new business opportunities with both existing and potential clients.
The AS reports directly to the president.
• Maintains an accurate and documented pipeline of prospects
• Provides a detailed sales forecast of identified and proposed opportunities
• Establishes and maintains productive relationships with senior client personnel
• Frequently meets with AEs to review their activities
• Collaborates with internal resources to develop comprehensive presentations
• Effectively presents, sells and defends agency work to clients
• Oversees successful execution of approved client programs
• Ensures client account growth, profitability
• Quickly and accurately relays changes to AEs
• Assesses AE performance on a twice-yearly basis, at minimum
• Keeps apprised of client brands, products, services, market developments
• Gathers knowledge of competitors and determines how to effectively position clients
• Reviews all client proposals, marketing communications, media, PR plans
• Works with AEs, new media team to ensure cohesion of marketing efforts
• Reviews, approves major creative materials (i.e. scripts, layouts, production art)
• Ensures client accounts are sufficiently staffed
• Reviews estimates, invoices prior to release and ensures prompt collection of Accounts Receivable
• Participates in agency, client performance reviews
• Represents agency at industry and community functions