Time is money, and oh, do we know that to be true! When it comes to time management, that’s something that every operation sets out to master. If you can truly maximize the time you have, with the employees you have working for you, then you’re well on your way to maximizing profit potential. The more time you have, the more money you can make; it’s as simple as that.
As we know, time management isn’t exactly the easiest task of all time. How do you make more time? Well, you can’t. But, you can manage the time you do have through calculated and organized structuring, using traffic management software like CurrentTrack®.
Here are five top time management strategies to consider this year:
- Interruption Reduction: If you find yourself and your employees wasting too much time on social media, it may be time to consider blocking access to sites from company computers. Social media is seriously addictive –- we’re victims, too. Removing the ability to access social media while at work may sound mean at first; however, over time, you’ll feel less stressed with available time when it’s all being put to good use.
- Unnecessary Elimination: Yes, there’s probably a lot of “unnecessary” activities and time wasters that go on in your daily and professional life. If you waste 45 min. every morning when you get to work ordering your Starbucks latte, it might be time to make your java at home and bring it in to work with you. If you avoid deadlines through Instagram, it might be worth considering removing Instagram from your smartphone. The stricter you set out and define the unnecessary terms, the easier you’ll find it to really capitalize from the time you have.
- Use Lists: Yes, lists are inherently valuable, no matter what kind of organization you manage. You cannot carry all organization and traffic management information in your head. It’s worth considering starting a schedule list, a to-do list, a people to-call list, and a conference planner for keeping everything straight. The less time you spend flipping through address books and old notes to find details, the more time you’ll have for the important things. These lists are also an important component of your traffic management software; know what’s available.
- Block Your Time: Yes, you can manage your day down to 15-min. increments. That’s what most billionaires do! Instead of just “winging it” each day you wake up, if you start to book up your schedule months in advance, you’ll be amazed by how many different things you can actually fit into a 9 to 5 day.
- CurrentTrack: If these time management strategies sound too difficult, there’s always CurrentTrack: a traffic management software system with every kind of professional feature included. From reporting, to client access, Time Sheets, archiving and retrieval, there isn’t much that slips through CurrentTrack. Consolidating every single one of your professional demands in one place will save you coordinating, organizing, and frustrating time wasted otherwise.
2018 is officially here! It’s time to consider time management strategies that actually work this year.